Low Speed Juicers vs. High Speed Juicers
When looking for a juice extractor, one of the important factor you need to consider is the speed, ie. the RPMs (RPM stands for Revolutions Per Minute). Do you know what are the difference between low speed ones and high speed ones? Which is better?
To answer the questions, let’s me first give you a general idea of the two kinds of juicers: low speed juicers refer to masticating juicers process at a speed of 80-120 RPM, while high speed are centrifugal ones with 1,650 to 15,000 RPM.
What are the differences between Low Speed Juicers vs. High Speed Juicers:
The slower speed operation results in less foam and heat, which means more nutritions in your glass. As heat destroys enzyme, more heat means less enzyme. As we know, oxygen lowers the nutritive value of juice, so we should avoid oxygenation. Low RPM juicers virtually chew the food to squeeze out the juice thus don’t expose it to air, and therefore reduce oxidation and increase the shelf life of the juice. High RPM centrifugal juicers spin juice through the air causing exposure of juice to lots of air and thus oxidizing the juice.
High speed juicer cause skin, pulp and juice to splatter on the chamber of the machine, making cleaning difficult. Slow juicers press the mess in much more contained, allowing for less mess and less waste.
Low speed juicers are generally quieter when operation than their high speed counterparts.
As the name indicate, most low speed juicers extract fresh juice slower than high speed ones. If you are always on the go and have the habit to drink fresh juice at breakfast, you may not be satisfied at the speed of masticating juicers.
Which is better Low Speed Juicers or High Speed Juicers:
Well, this is hard to answer. They both have their respective pros and cons. In terms of product quality, slower juicers are of course better as they can better preserve the nutrient in juice and thus prolong the shelf life of fresh juice. However, high speed juicers have their pros. They are economical, quick in making fresh juice and more compact than slower juicers (masticating). Therefore, the answer is depend on your budget, your very juicing need and your expectations for a juicer.
Characteristics of Aobosi Horizontal Slow Juicer:
- Small Mouth to put ingredients, which prevent the your hands getting injured and ensure the ingredients are stoned and peeled for healthier juice.
- Reverse Function Button to avoid stuck and helps you to clean.
- The juicer uses the food grade Tritan material, which is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration FDA certification, it is the main materials for infant products in Europe and America.
- It is BPA free and has excellent corrosion resistance and heat resistance.
- As for the juicer cup, Aobosi added one more baffle plate to block the small pulp, after installing the plate, when you pour the finished juice for drinking, it will help you to drink more pure juice.
- 304 Strong filter – makes juice pure and smooth, more healthier, comes with a brush for easy cleaning.
- Reverse function – Press down “R” switch to prevent clogging, keep higher juice yield.
- Powerful auger – Increase juice yield, high quality, long life.
- Press the black button that near the installation mouth to install the squeezing chamber.
- Push the auger into the squeezing chamber. Note: please aim at the hole inside to install it.
- Push the mesh filter into the auger. Note: please aim at the matching position.
- Put the pomace cup into the right place, then screw the cap tightly.