For those who want a richer, more favorable cup of coffee without the bite and acids, brewing cold is the best option. Some think that brewing a hot cup of coffee and then just pouring it over ice is going to achieve the same result as brewing with cold water, but this is not the case. Heating the coffee is still going to leave the acids and bitterness intact, despite chilling it later.
The slower method of brewing with unheated water (or sometimes ice water) pulls more of the unique flavors and undertones from the bean. Cold brew coffee has approximately 33 percent less caffeine than hot brewed, although the fact that it is made by brewing a concentrated mix, means that it is easy to make a batch that is as strong as one could possibly want.
For those who have tried cold brewed coffee and claim that they do not like it, it should be known different coffee beans are going to create unique bouquets of flavors. If one coffee does not do the trick, it is best to try a few other types of beans or blends in order to get the full experience. After a few tries, one may find that there is a variety of bean that works perfectly for his or her palate when brewed cold.
Coffee Brewing that’s Like Poetry in Motion is easy using Coffee Gator Cold Brewer. For fans of genuine coffee flavor, this brewer’s nailed-on, a regular savior. If you’re in need a lift or feel a little off-kilter, just grab your brewer and load up that filter.
Brewing a family-sized batch of cold brew couldn’t be much easier. Cold brew done right comes out good and strong. So you can go right ahead and get stuck in as it is, dilute it with water or even something a little harder if you really want to get the party started.
Coffee Gator Cold Brew Coffee Maker Features:
- Borosilicate Glass: Rugged BPA free glass that easily handles temperature change.
- Leakproof Lid: Prepped in minutes. Fresh as a daisy for 2-3 weeks.
- Ultra-fine Mesh Filter: Traps more grounds and locks in maximum flavor.
- Easy-clean Filter Cap: Boss the cleanup; unscrew, unload, rinse, repeat.
- Scoop and Funnel: Measure like a pro. Load like someone who likes clean surfaces.
- Capacity: 47 ounces/1.4 liter.
- Brews: 37 ounces/1 liter.
Thrice the Fun
- Brewing with cold water over a longer time gives the water the best chance possible of soaking up as much coffee-flavored happiness as possible.
- This has an added advantage of producing a concentrated brew that you can dilute to make it go two or three times further.
- That means twice (or even thrice) as much fun.
For naturally sweeter, cold brew coffee:
- Remove lid and add 2.6 oz of medium ground coffee to the filter.
- Top up with cold water and replace lid.
- Chill for 12-24 hours (brew longer for stronger).
- Remove filter. Dilute to taste. Serve and smile.